Equity Research Training (15 Courses)
This Equity Research Training course is a bundle of 15 courses with 55+ hours of video tutorials and Lifetime Access. This is not all, you also get verifiable certificates (unique certification number and your unique URL) when you complete these courses.
This online equity research course is designed for students and professionals who want to master equity research skills. The resources included here are from basics tutorials to super advanced concepts of Equity Research.
*Course Provider : EDUCBA
What you get in this Equity Research Training?
About Equity Research course
|Courses||No. of Hours|
|1 Basic Microsoft Excel Training||4h 8m|
|2 Microsoft Excel – Advanced||6h 06m|
|3 Accounting:01 – Income Statement||1h 57m|
|4 Accounting:02 – Balance Sheet||3h 37m|
|5 Accounting:03 – Cash Flows Analysis||1h 3m|
|6 Corporate Valuation – Beginner to Pro in Microsoft Excel||3h 06m|
|7 Financial Modeling of Siemens AG||8h 02m|
|8 DCF – Discounted Cash Flow||5h 04m|
|9 Comparable Comps – Comparable Company Analysis||3h 57m|
|10 Comprehensive Relative Valuation Training||5h 9m|
|11 Equity Research Report Writing||1h 43m|
|12 Financial Modeling – Indian Telecommunication Sector||3h 58m|
|13 Financial Modeling – Automobile Sector||4h 34m|
|14 Comcast and Time Warner Merger Modeling Training||3h 39m|
|15 Financial Modeling – Banking Sector||8h 22m|
|Course||Equity Research Course|
|Deal||This is 15 course bundle. You do not need to register for each course separately. You get access to all at once!|
|Hours||55+ Video Hours|
|Core Coverage||Excel, Accounting, Valuations, Financial Modeling in Excel, DCF Modeling, Relative Valuations, Comparable Comps, Equity Research Report Writing|
|Excel Templates Included?||Yes. All templates downloadable|
|Course Validity||Lifetime Access|
|Eligibility||Anyone who is serious about learning Equity Research and wants to make a career in this Field|
|Pre-Requisites||None (Basic accounting knowledge should help)|
|What do you get?||Certificate of Excellence for each of the 15 courses|
|Certification Type||Course Completion Certificates|
|Verifiable Certificates?||Yes, you get verifiable certificates for each course with unique link. These link can be included in your resume/LinkedIn to showcase your enhanced Equity Research Skills|
|Type of Training||Video Course – Self Paced Learning|
|System Requirement||1 GB RAM or higher|
|Other Requirement||Speaker / Headphone|
Equity Research Courses
|S. No||Course Name||Description|
|1||Microsoft Excel – For Beginners||If you are new to excel, then you should look at this Basic Excel Training. In Equity Research, you will require excel to work along with and hence, you need to master this before you move forward. This excel training starts with a case study and explores various excel formatting, functions, conditional formatting, basic charts and graphs, sorting and filtering|
|2||Microsoft Excel – Advanced Training Course||This again is a key program that you should undergo. However, it is not an absolute must to complete this course before you learn other modules. This course consists of important analyst excel tools like Whatif Analysis, Arrays, Texts, Auditing, Dynamic Ranges, Form Controls and Advanced Charts|
|3||Accounting – Income Statement Analysis||This course provides you with what Income Statement is and how do you analyze the Income Statement professionally. Topics include fiscal vs calendar, calculating profit margin, what are non recurring items, revenue recognition principle with the help of Colgate Example|
|4||Accounting – Balance Sheet Analysis||Here you will learn the nuances of Balance Sheet. We discuss the key concepts using Colgate Case Study. Topics include receivables, inventory, long term debt, pooling method, purchase method of accounting, shareholder’s equity, dividends and more.|
|5||Accounting – Cash Flows Analysis||In this equity research course on Cash Flow, we discuss the key concepts of Cash Flow Analysis – Cash Flow from Operations, Cash flow from Financing and Cash Flow from Investing. We also take a comprehensive example of calculating CFO using the Direct as well as the In-direct method|
|6||Corporate Valuation – Beginner to Pro in Excel||This course on Equity Research provides an overview of valuation methodologies like Dividend Discount Model, Discounted Cash Flow, Relative Valuations etc. We take a few basic examples to teach you core concepts of valuation and when are they important. In relative valuations, we discuss the multiples like EV/Sales, EV/EBITDA, PE, PBV, PCF and more|
|7||Financial Modeling||Financial Modeling is all about forecasting the financial statements of the company. This is a professional step by step tutorial to build a financial model from scratch. Here we take a live company and build a financial model from scratch in Excel. The process involves downloading the annual report, populating the historical in excel and then forecasting each and every line item with the help of schedules.|
|8||Comprehensive Training on Discounted Cash Flow (DCF)||In this equity research training course of Discounted Cash flows, we take a detailed approach to calculate the FCFF, find the Weighted Average Cost of Capital (WACC) and thereby finding the Enterprise Value and Fair Price of the stock. With this we can suggest BUY/SELL of this stock|
|9||Comparable Comps – Comparable Company Analysis||In this comparable company analysis, we see how to value a company using comparable comps in a professional way. We prepare the comps in a structured way including the enterprise value and equity value multiples of live companies. We are able to find if the stock is overvalued or undervalued as compared to the industry.|
|10||Comprehensive Relative Valuation Training||Relative valuation includes the Enterprise valuation multiples like EV/Sales, EV/EBITDA, EV/EBIT, EV/boe, EV/psf and Equity Valuation Multiples like PE, P/CF, P/BV etc. We not only learn the calculation methodologies of these valuation multiples, but also learn to apply correctly in the sectors. Think of why P/BV is applied in Banks?|
|11||Equity Research Report Writing Training||In this Equity Research training on Report Writing, we discuss the format of a sell side report, how you should go about developing logic for report writing using Minto’s Pyramid Principle. We also look at best practices of Report writing along with case studies.|
What Equity Research is all about?
If you’re eager to do analysis, deal with figures and predict what could happen on the basis of your analyses, equity research is the right field for you. But what equity research actually means in reality? Let’s investigate.
- Performing valuation of listed companies: The primary task of equity research is to find out the listed companies and perform the valuations. In equity research one needs to look at different financial statements of the companies like Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Cash Flows and then using different methods like Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), Sum of Parts Valuation, Relative Valuation etc., the valuation of the listed companies would be ascertained.
- Look at economic parameters: One of the main parts of equity research is also to look at economic and industry parameters of the companies you’re doing valuation for. Otherwise, things may get drastically different than your calculation.
- Project revenues & profits: Doing valuation is not enough. In equity research, it’s also considered if the companies will make revenues in years to come; and also whether the company will produce decent profits.
- Compare the market price and the fair value: The fair value is one of the most important factors. It’s the value at which the liability would be transferred. Thus, it’s important to compare the market price with the fair value.
- Sell/Buy: In equity research, this is an important decision one needs to make because the main purpose of analyses is to help clients make an informed decision. So after comparing fair value with market price, if it’s found that the fair value is less than market price, then client should sell and if the fair value is greater than market price, client should buy.
The above are the basic functions and nitty-gritty of equity research. There are many techniques, tools you will learn in this course (we will discuss in the next section) to be able to do all of these by yourself. Our job is to help you become self-sufficient.
Industry Growth Trend
The wealth management platform market was valued at USD 1.52 Billion in 2016 and is projected to reach USD 3.20 Billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 13.4% during the forecast period. The base year considered for this report is 2016, and the forecast period is 2017–2022.
[Source – MarketsandMarkets]
$90,321 per year
Salary estimates are based on 5,836 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Finance Manager employees, users. The typical tenure for a Finance Manager is 2-4 years.
[Source – Indeed]
Which Tangible Equity Research Skills you will learn in this course?
Not everyone is equipped with the knowledge and the information to be able to analyse stocks on their own. They need help. They need to know what to buy and what to sell and when. Once you learn this course, you would be able to help yourself and others to decide whether they should buy or sell the stock at any given moment.In this you will learn about 5 basic equity research skills – excel, advance excel, accounting, corporate valuations and financial modelling. If you’re a finance professional/student, this course is a must-do. Even if you’re not a finance professional, this course will help you get ahead of the rest of your peers.
- Excel: Even if you’ve never done excel before, in this course you will learn every nitty-gritty of excel to be functional in your professional field.
- Advance Excel: Once you feel a little confident, it’s time to take a leap and learn some advance techniques and formulas of excel which we call advance excel. These techniques and methods are used by the top professionals in equity research and in other financial domain of work.
- Accounting: Here it is not important for you to learn debits credits. What is important is to learn how to analyze company’s financials and perform ratio analysis.
- Corporate Valuations: If you’re just listening to the word valuation for the first time, in this course, you will learn how to look at the financial statements and how to perform different valuation techniques. You will learn the two tools of valuations
- Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) – You would learn to calculate Free Cash Flow for the Firm (FCFF) and you would also be able to ascertain Weighted Average Cost of Capital (WACC). While learning DCF valuation, you will also learn to calculate the equity value of the firm.
- Relative Valuations: You will learn to identify the comparable based on business, market capitalization and other filters. You will also get to know how to suggest “over-valued” or undervalued”.
- Financial modelling: The purpose of financial modelling is to forecast the future of companies and stocks. n this course, you would get to know how to read annual report and other documents so that you can learn how to do the forecast of Income Statement (P&L). You will also learn to download the annual reports of the peer groups and forecast the financial model. You will also get to know about how to balance the balance sheet.
Equity Research Training Projects
Certificate of Completion
What are the requirements / pre-requisites to this Training?
You need to have these things to be able to do this training –
- The most important thing is your eagerness to learn. Until and unless you commit to this course, you will not be able to go through the vast curriculum of this course. Of course you need to pay the price before you can do equity research like professionals.
- There’s another pre-requisite to this learning and that is you need to take charge of each lesson and practice accordingly. The course won’t be able to make you learn the skill by itself.
- Basic Accounting knowledge should help
Logical functions IF AND OR
Ddm – Dividend Discount Model- Compare Intrinsic And Market Price
Drawing the Comps Sheet
Working on Balance Sheet Items
Report Writing – Course Objectives
DCF Predicting the Cash Flows
Target Audience for this training
Many students and professionals can take the training. Let’s have a glance –
- If you’re a graduate and would like to learn the nitty-gritty of equity research, you will learn everything in this course.
- If you’re an MBA in Finance or did CA, you can take this course as a value addition.
- If you have done your CFA or FRM or pursuing, you can get a direct experience of how equity research in professional firms actually happens.
- If you’re a professional in an equity research broking firm or in a consulting firm, you can take this course as a refresher over what you already know.
- Lastly, anyone who has eagerness to learn about equity research can also take this course.
Equity Research Course FAQs – General Questions
Definitely! It will teach you many skills that will allow you to thrive in your career. Even if you don’t choose to go in equity research, it will teach you the fundamentals of how businesses are being valued and how you can choose when to buy or sell stocks.
Yes. You can do this course as a refresher. As we all know that the most important thing to be successful in our professional lives is to brush off the dirt, rust from our already existing skills, this training course will help you do just that. Yes, you would be faster, smarter and better at practicing financial modeling in excel, but it would add value to your equity research profile.
Yes. Learning is more important than background. If you’re eager to learn, you can take this course and learn a great deal about equity research.
You’ve already answered the question yourself. You will learn a great deal and many skills from this course. But to maintain it, you need to be constantly in touch. You need to set out some time to practice whatever you learn from this course to get the maximum benefits.
Professionals from around the globe have benefited from WallStreetMojo’s Equity Research courses. Some of the top places that our learners come from include New York, San Francisco, Bay Area, New York, New Jersey, Houston, Seattle, Toronto, London, Berlin, UK, Dubai, Riyadh, UAE, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Bangalore, New Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Gurgaon among many.
Yes, you can view the demo videos above.
You can pay by Credit Card, Debit Card or Net Banking from all the leading banks. Additional payment options include pay by PayPal and 2checkout.
Career Benefits of this training
There are many career benefits of doing this course. Let’s have a look at those –
- Gain expertise: If you’re finance professional/student, this course will teach you practical lessons which you can directly apply in your projects or assignments. Thus, you will gain expertise and edge over others once you do this course.
- On the job training before the job: If you would like to be in equity research field, this course is on the job training for you. Why? Because once you learn the lessons, you need to practice the tests, go through online tests and answer quizzes. These will prepare you well when you will join a job in equity research domain.
- Will act as a value-addition: If you’re from different domain or different field of finance, this course would act as a great value-addition. You would be able to show this to your prospective employer and will get a certain edge over others who wouldn’t do this course.
- Business knowledge: Often it’s seen that there’s a mismatch between theory and practical. If you do this course, you will be able to bridge that gap between knowing the things in theory to actually applying them in real life. What can be better than this?
- Fundamental Training: This course will act as a fundamental training ground for students/professionals who don’t have much idea about finance. They will be able to learn excel, advance excel and how to value business and how to look through financial statements. After doing this course, soon they’ll realize the value of themselves in the market place.
Course Reviews / Testimonials
In this Equity Valuation Training, I learned a lot about some new fundamentals of excel, I also learnt about Capital Budgeting, Corporate Finance, Time Value of Money – Excel Applications, Calculating Net present value with IRR comparison, about basic use of leverage, and how to measure it-, Budgetary Control, Marginal Costing. The various in depth knowledge about the concept of equity valuation are explained in this training which is beyond awesome. Thoroughly loved the training.
It is all new concept of delivering the subject matter knowledge to the working professionals who is not able to attend regular classes to enhance knowledge. Good, simple & easy presentation helps in understanding typical matter with live industry example in easy manner. It not only enhances my subject matter knowledge across many domains but also helps me in getting good profile in industry. Overall value for money. Must try.
This course enabled me to understand the details involving equity research as well as concepts that were beyond my rudimentary understanding of business valuations. The video walkthroughs made it easier to understand calculations and their purpose. The course focuses on details of every major financial statement and enables one to holistically understand a company through financial valuations. Amazingly designed course to know how equity research analyst works in an organization.
The course is a detailed one, which touches upon almost all the aspects of creating a financial model of any company from scratch. The videos explain in detail how to get the data for current financials and forecast the financial in a step by step manner. The tutorial videos do a handholding while creating an example financial model. The practical aspect is purely covered.
It was great course, found it really valuable and delivered what it says good understanding about the concept at the end of course. The content was delivered in the phased manner and structure and the presentation was also smooth. The presentation was great as it was visually enticing and draws attention at all points of time during the duration of the course. And the conclusion given at the end of the course nicely summarizes and helps to recollect and helps the concepts to sink in completely.
My first online course was Equity Research Training. I have searched for this kind of online courses about financing a long time, but now I found the one. My background includes master degree in technology and business administration and I now wanted to take professional education in equity research. In my home country we don’t have financial courses available in online. I’m looking forward to continue your courses still. This course was very effective & has helped me alot. Proper training on equity research is been provided in this course.
This video training provides me with a fundamental understanding of how an equity research analyst works and it is very easy to understand and absorb through the video. It clearly explains how an analyst works in terms of its structure and organization. Projecting the financial statements using various excel formulas was interesting part & helped me to impart handful of knowledge & expertise.